I have to admit, I do watch calories and portion size. Something my husband and I learned and worked at for over a year and half now. Combined we lost over 100 pounds and have successfully kept that weight off. So…this is one of our favorites. A huge portion for about 85 calories (a good cup full) making this a staple side dish in our house.
Butternut squash we love it and make it several ways. This is different and is so yummy, actually my husband didn’t even realized it was squash when he first had it.
– Peel the Butternut Squash and remove the seeds.
– Grate the butternut squash using a hand grater.
– Use a paper towel to squeeze out some of the liquid from the squash
– Cut up a couple tablespoons of onion for every cup or so of grated squash. (I have used a red or white onion and this time a shallot. Whatever is on hand is just fine.)
– In a bowl toss the onion with the squash
– For two cups of squash add ½ teaspoon of garlic powder and a ½ teaspoon of onion powder.
– Over med heat warm up a pan and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
– Add the grated squash. You can make them “pancake” like or just throw it all in the pan and toss while cooking
– Either flip or toss until tender.
We enjoy ours with a little hot sauce on top! Yummo!