UGH!

I have no idea if I am doing this right.  I am totally overwhelmed by this platform and it took me about an hour to figure out how to log in.  so…. I feel bad I have’nt posted anything. . .

I used up all the turnips first this week.  I made 50% potatoes and 50% turnips.  Boiled and mashed.  The girls loved them.  I grated a few with some grated carrots mixed with egg and some breadcrumbs and made it like hash browns and what was great too.

But…. I have a terrible sweet tooth.  I love sweets and I love chocolate.  This afternoon the girls and I had the following treat WARM.  It was gooey and yummy and a three thumbs ups from the girls.

Brownies

1 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed

1/2 cup light agave syrup

1/2 cup self rising flour

1/2 cup egg whites

1/4 cup unsweetened cocca

2 tbsp vanilla

1 tsp baking powder

6 tbsp semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:  In a food processor, mix all the brownie ingredients (except chips) together.  Add the chips and stir.  Spread into a 8×8 baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.  Cook for 20 mins at 350, until a tooth pick comes out clean.

I made choc frosting with Vegan butter, conf sugar, coffee and cocca powder for the top because I love frosting.

We had them warm and boy oh boy it was all we could do not to eat the whole pan up for lunch!  It gave us all the pick me up we needed to get our bags packed for vacation!

Advertisements

1. Leslie says:

Yay Amanda; glad you pushed through and figuerd out how to post! 🙂 This recipe looks great. Do you think I could use honey instead of agave? Where are you going on vacation?

2. Christina says:

I second that “YaY”- good post Amanda. I really need to try both of these brownie recipes, Chuck has been up my rear to make more cookie/brownie type treats instead of “more” healthy granola bars with chocolate chips in them (Chuck boycotted the entire last batch- I put them in the freezer for later). I too don’t have Agave, I’m wondering if honey would be too thick to use in this recipe.

LOVE the frosting recipe with my two favorite things- COFFEE & CHOCOLATE! WOO HOO.

3. Christina says:

I meant to also say that I have never thought to make mixed mashed veggies with an egg and breadcrumbs to make a hash type bake. Good idea Amanda.

4. Christina says:

I made these brownies tonight- DELISH!! So amazingly good. Fluffy, not too heavy with a nice rice chocolate flavor. I put the chips on top instead of folding them into the batter because I forgot to fold them in before I put the batter into the pan- HAHAHA! Still yum. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Oh, and I used honey and it worked. Thanks again Amanda

5. Thea says:

Ooh this looks really good. never would try seeing beans in recipe but all the raves make me too curious not to try:)

6. Christina says:

Thea, this is the best black bean brownie recipe I’ve ever tried. seriously! Oh, and thanks for joining the conversation 🙂