I am overwhelmed with the thought that I wasted 3/4 of a head of beautiful Chinese cabbage, but alas, I did! I don’t know what went wrong but when I went to transfer the goods after 7 days it has grown mold on the top…Obviously I know what happened, I left it barely covered exposed to air for a day too long without transferring to an air tight jar. Bummer. I was so grossed out that I pitched the moldy parts immediately before I could grab a good shot. What is below is a post- gross out shot of the rim of what mold. gross.