Borrowed from a Rachel Ray recipe on Food Network
The items from our share are highlighted.
Spicy Shrimp & Bok Choy Noodle Bowl
• 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, 3 turns of the pan
• 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
• 4 cloves garlic, chopped
• 2 inches ginger root, peeled and cut into very thin matchsticks or grated
• 1/2 pound shiitake mushroom caps, sliced, a couple of cups
• 1 medium bok choy, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces, then cut sticks lengthwise
• Salt and pepper
• 1 quart chicken broth
• 1 cup seafood stock, available on soup aisle or, 1 cup clam juice
• 1 1/2 pounds medium peeled and deveined shrimp
• 1/2 pound vermicelli (thin spaghetti )
• 4 scallions, cut into 3 inch pieces, then shredded lengthwise into thin sticks
Heat a medium soup pot over medium-high heat. Add vegetable oil, 3 turns of the pan, crushed red pepper flakes, garlic, ginger, mushrooms, and bok choy, then season with salt and pepper. Add chicken broth and seafood stock or clam juice. Put a lid on the pot and bring soup to a boil. Add shrimp and noodles and cook 3 minutes. Add in scallions and cook 2 minutes, then turn off soup and let it sit 2 to 3 minutes more. Adjust salt and serve.