THIS GIVEAWAY IS OVER AND THE WINNERS ARE:
Kate “This summer I want to make cucumber pickles. I can never seem to grow enough cukes for a batch.”
Stephanie: “Moving into a house with cherry trees, and could use some preservation ideas!”
We read, we cook, we chat.
That is the FSC Book Club.
Having successfully cooked our way through the third round of the FSC Book Club with Whole Grains for a New Generation, we are thrilled to announce our next fantastic book selection for ROUND 4!
Beginning on June 24, we will be reading and chatting about and cooking our way through… Put ‘Em Up Fruit: A Preserving Guide & Cookbook. Creative Ways to Put ‘em Up and Use ‘em Up by the incredible Sherri Brooks Vinton. Click through that first link for awesome videos & recipes!
HOW EXCITED ARE YOU?! We waxed poetic about our love for Sherri and her Put ‘Em Up series in our Earth Day giveaway post, but her books are serious kitchen shelf staples for anyone who wants to get into home preservation and canning. They are perfect for both novices and experienced canners alike and the books are beautiful! Put ‘Em Up Fruit also has awesome “Use ‘Em Up!” segments filled with ways to use up your preserved fruit and fruit scraps. So so helpful and useful.
To celebrate the announcement, From Scratch Club and Storey Publishing are offering another giveaway of two copies of Put ‘Em Up Fruit! Right in time for you to start reading along and cooking through it with the FSC Book Club. Giveaway ends at midnight, Friday June 21st. To enter to win, watch the inspiring book trailer video above and then leave a comment telling us what new canning adventure awaits you this summer. Veteran canner looking for a new jam recipe? Never before put up fruit before? Tell us what’s on your summer fruit to-do list.
Giveaway Details: Each winner (two winners total) will receive one copy of Put ‘em Up: FRUIT by Sherri Brooks Vinton, to be shipped directly from Amazon or/ Storey Publishing. Open to US Residents only. Giveaway ends at midnight Friday, June 21st, 2013. The winners will be notified via email and announced on this blog on Saturday, June 22nd, 2013. We will pick the winning comments, randomly via the always random, random.org. All entries must be in the form of ONE comment below. Comments posted on Goodreads, Facebook and Twitter will NOT count towards this giveaway. Good Luck! Disclosure: We purchased the giveaway book.
- You can find Storey at: Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
- Find Sherri at: Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest
Get ready for the launch of Round 4!
We will start reading and (virtually) cooking together on June 24.
- Get your hands on a copy of Put ‘Em Up Fruit! Enter the giveaway (ends one week from today, midnight, June 19th, 2013)! You can also visit the FSC Pantry on Amazon to buy a copy of this book and all other book club selections. A small portion of sales from our shop will come back to FSC to help support our free book club. Think of it as a tiny tip jar to keep everything running smoothly.
- In the meantime, if you aren’t a member yet… go ahead and sign up for a free account at Goodreads! That’s where the book club is hosted & where the bulk of our conversation takes place. Sign up for an account (learn more here) and poke around!
- Follow FSC Book Club on social media! Follow @FSCBookClub on Twitter and “Like” FSC Book Club on Facebook too. You can also use the hashtag #FSCBookClub on Instagram & Twitter so we can see your updates. Questions? Check out our Book Club FAQs right here. If you still have questions, leave a comment or post it on the GoodReads forum.